Lee Company Lead HVAC Installation Technician in Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Build a career at Lee Company!
Lee Company, honored as one of Tennessee’s 2017 Top Work Place
s, is the largest mechanical contractor in Tennessee with over 1,200 employees. Founded in 1944, this $225 million company provides mechanical contracting, facility solutions and home services to customers throughout the region. Along with a 2017 Top Work Place Award from The Tennessean, Lee Company has also been honored as ACCA’s 2017 Residential Contractor of the Year and recognized as the Associate General Contractors 2015 Subcontractor of the Year ($10M+ category).
Lee Company proudly offers:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- FSA, HRA, or HSA
- Basic Life & AD&D; Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Accident & Critical Illness Coverage
- Home & Auto Discounts
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Full-Time Work
- Free NCCER Training and Certification through Lee University
In addition, Lee Company offers an Employee Assistance Program, chaplain services, will preparation services and a wellness and rewards program at no cost.
Lee Company is driven by family values and strives to create an environment where employees can thrive. We are adding to our family with the following position:
Lead HVAC Installation Technician - Home Services
Summary of Job: *Perform duties as a Lead Residential HVAC Installer. The qualified employee will have the proven ability to provide exemplary communication skills, leadership and ability to explain, clearly and professionally, the directives of management. Strong ethics, positive attitude, and willingness to go the extra mile to provide exemplary service are essential. *This position also comes with a company vehicle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to):
- Must be able to handle stress and job demands.
- Must be able to cooperatively work with others.
- Will be required to help promote a safe working environment above all.
- Selects type and size of pipe, and related materials and equipment needed for each individual jobsite.
- Plans installation or repair to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with activities of other workers.
- Cuts, threads, and bends pipe.
- Assembles and installs variety of metal and nonmetal pipes, tubes, and fittings, including iron, steel, copper, and plastic.
- Connects pipes, using threaded, caulked, soldered, brazed, fused, or cemented joints.
- Secures pipes to structure with brackets, clamps, and hangers.
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, including compressors, and piping.
- Increases pressure in pipe system and observes connected pressure gauge to test system for leaks.
- Will be required to read and follow blueprints and determine what material, tools and equipment will be needed to complete task.
- Will be required to work independently and be able to keep from one (1) to three (3) apprentices productive. May be required to be crew leader.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years of field experience.
- EPA certified to handle refrigerant
Skills and Abilities:
- Basic computer knowledge
Physical Demands/ Working Conditions
The physical activities described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. Individuals may need to ride or drive in a vehicle for 2 or more hours at a time depending on position. Individuals working at an outside job site may be exposed to varying temperatures including very hot (above 90 degrees F) or very cold (below 32 degrees F) and all weather conditions. Individuals may be exposed to: cramped work spaces, contaminants, extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable. Performing this job requires frequent use of hands to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Must be able to sit, talk, hear, and stand frequently throughout the day. Must be able to climb, reach above shoulder height, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl frequently. The position occasionally may require lifting heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) and performing strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Individuals may occasionally be exposed to hazardous conditions, high places and /or hazardous equipment. May work with or around chemicals that require knowledge of a safety data sheet.
Find us Online:
Check out our careers page here: http://www.leecompany.com/careers/
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/LeeCompany