Lee Company General Maintenance Technician in Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Build a career at Lee Company!
Lee Company, honored as one of Tennessee’s 2017 Top Work Place
s, is the largest mechanical contractor in Tennessee with over 1,200 employees. Founded in 1944, this $225 million company provides mechanical contracting, facility solutions and home services to customers throughout the region. Along with a 2017 Top Work Place Award from The Tennessean, Lee Company has also been honored as ACCA’s 2017 Residential Contractor of the Year and recognized as the Associate General Contractors 2015 Subcontractor of the Year ($10M+ category).
Lee Company proudly offers:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- FSA, HRA, or HSA
- Basic Life & AD&D; Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Accident & Critical Illness Coverage
- Home & Auto Discounts
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Full-Time Work
- Free NCCER Training and Certification through Lee University
In addition, Lee Company offers an Employee Assistance Program, chaplain services, will preparation services and a wellness and rewards program at no cost.
Lee Company is driven by family values and strives to create an environment where employees can thrive. We are adding to our family with the following position:
General Maintenance Technician
*Job Summary: *This position includes general maintenance and repairs of all facets of a customers facility, including buildings, equipment, and site. The maintenance technician will perform assignments in the installation, repair, alteration, and maintenance of General Carpentry, Light Plumbing and Electrical including both preventive and corrective maintenance for multiple locations with-in a geographic area or facility.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Perform all work to industry standards and maintain a professional manner and appearance.
- Communicate with customers professionally and politely.
- Completes all facility repairs and maintenance task assigned in a timely manner.
- Cleans up and/or repairs any debris or damage caused during the performance of assigned task.
- Maintain lighting and electrical systems including changing bulbs, ballast, and electrical trouble shooting.
- Light plumbing limited to flush valve repair, fixture change out and repair, unclogging of drain lines, changing of water heaters.
- Strong carpentry skill to include framing, drywall installation, mud, sand and paint.
- Completes special task that include but are not limited to, drywall patching, painting.
- Installation and repair of doors and hardware.
- Special cleaning and other general maintenance (handyman) task as required.
- Installation and repair of floors, ceramic tile, VCT, LVT, carpet, sub flooring and base boards.
- Maintains tools, parts equipment and supplies in clean and safe condition.
- Complies with all policies and procedures (e.g. customer service, safety, usage and handling of hazardous or restricted material).
- Maintains records for work completed in a neat and organized manner.
- May be required to work overtime to meet deadlines.
- Some overnight work required up to 30%
- Some overnight travel required up to 15%.
- 1 -2 week on call every 6-10 weeks. Compensated
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position or capable of demonstrating they are competent in all skills and fluent in at least 2 major skill sets
- Must have a Valid Drivers License with good driving record
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Criminal Background Check and Drug Test are required - must pass metro background check
- Candidate must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Candidate must be self motivated and flexible with the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Strong general knowledge of carpentry and finishing skills
- Plumbing, electrical, mechanical aptitude is a plus
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and use ladders and personnel lifts.
- Able to work and maneuver in close spaces such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.
- Able to work on roofs of buildings
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical activities described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. Individuals may need to ride or drive in a vehicle for 2 or more hours at a time depending on position. Individuals working at an outside job site may be exposed to varying temperatures including very hot (above 90 degrees F) or very cold (below 32 degrees F) and all weather conditions. Individuals may be exposed to: cramped work spaces, contaminants, extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable. Performing this job requires frequent use of hands to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Must be able to sit, talk, hear, and stand frequently throughout the day. Must be able to climb, reach above shoulder height, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl frequently. The position occasionally may require lifting heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) and performing strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions. Individuals may occasionally be exposed to hazardous conditions, high places and /or hazardous equipment. May work with or around chemicals that require knowledge of a safety data sheet.
Find us Online:
Check out our career page here: http://www.leecompany.com/careers/
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/LeeCompany