BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Principle Product Manager-Health & Wellness in Chattanooga, Tennessee
The purpose of this position is to centralize the responsibility for development and ongoing management of multiple product lines, across all markets in which the products are sold. Ongoing management includes responsibility for growth and profitability of product lines. The Principal Product Manager is responsible for guiding the development of a corporate strategy for multiple product lines, presenting and selling the strategy to senior management, and keeping management abreast of where the company is in the implementation of the strategy.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and implements strategy for multiple product lines.
- Monitors implementation of the strategy company-wide and reports to senior management, including reporting where the company is ahead or behind competitors. Presents plans for corrective action where behind and plans to leverage position where ahead.
- Once implemented, responsible for product growth and profitability. Monitors and analyzes growth and profitability and initiates corrective actions where appropriate.
- Responsible for the implementation of product changes across all functional areas.
- Responsible for developing, with input from other areas, annual enrollment forecasts for products.
- Analyzes product performance relative to competitors, including benefits, pricing, networks, service, and technology components. This includes the specification of key indicators which track emerging product experience and trends.
- Participates in cross functional teams to develop implementation plans for product launches.
- Manages staff and directs the work of a team of Product and/or Project Managers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Equivalent experience is defined as 4 years of professional work experience.
- 5 years’ experience in the health care or related industry required
- Solid knowledge of the product line marketplace and concepts is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be a team player, be organized and have the ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or function in a team environment sharing responsibility, roles, and accountability
- Strong analytical skills. The incumbent must be able to analyze information at both a macro level and a more detailed level and make strategic recommendations regarding product positioning. The ability to analyze financial information and perform cost/benefit analysis is important.
- Strong decision-making skills and the willingness to take initiative and responsibility for decisions.
Job Specific Requirements:
Health & Wellness Product Management experience preferred
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco-free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose test result is positive for tobacco/nicotine will be disqualified from employment and the job offer will be withdrawn. Individuals who fail the tobacco/nicotine screening will be permitted to reapply for employment after 6 months, iftobacco/nicotine-free.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.