BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Principal Communications Specialist in Chattanooga, Tennessee
The Communications Specialist writes and edits content to support the communications needs for a variety of internal partners across all lines of business and audiences within BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee. In this role, the communications specialist works to make sure messaging meets defined editorial standards in our brand voice. The communications specialist also works closely with fellow communications colleagues and designers, and produces engaging content for internal and external audiences.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Produce and refine written communications that demonstrate an expert understanding of professional writing principles and requirements
- Participate in strategic and creative processes for a variety of materials and channels from concept to final execution
- Proactively engage with internal clients to anticipate and define internal and/or external communications/education needs to support their business objectives
- Become a subject-matter expert on assigned lines of business/stakeholder audiences while advocating for simplicity and clarity
- Write and edit powerful and concise content that meets the stated brand intents and objectives
- Research clients, competitors, current topics, etc. to ensure on-target messaging
- Quickly handle multiple assignments on tight deadlines while maintaining budget and client satisfaction
- Estimate and manage time accurately and independently
- Communicate and collaborate well with other team members
- Review and provide relevant edits and feedback to fellow communications professionals
- Other duties as assigned
- Some travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Equivalent experience is defined as 4 years of professional work experience.
- 7 years’ experience as a professional communicator in an advertising agency, public relations agency or in-house creative services team is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be a team player, be organized and have the ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or function in a team environment sharing responsibility, roles, and accountability
Job Specific Requirements:
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco-free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose test result is positive for tobacco/nicotine will be disqualified from employment and the job offer will be withdrawn. Individuals who fail the tobacco/nicotine screening will be permitted to reapply for employment after 6 months, iftobacco/nicotine-free.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.