HCA, Hospital Corporation of America ECT Coordinator / PACU Educator (RN) in Chattanooga, Tennessee
*Parkridge Medical Center *has served the community for nearly 40 years. Over the years, we have built a reputation for advanced technology and compassionate care, making us a hospital of choice for patients seeking quality treatment in the community. From our comprehensive cardiac services program to orthopedics and oncology care at The Sarah Cannon Cancer Center at Parkridge, we are proud to be one of Chattanooga’s best hospitals for healing. Parkridge Medical Center was the first hospital in the area to offer robotic surgery, and features the area’s most knowledgeable and experienced robotic surgery team. The Parkridge Medical Center Emergency Department is an Accredited Chest Pain Center, making it a natural choice for those suffering from cardiovascular events when every minute matters.
The *Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) *is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) to work as the Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) Coordinator / PACU Educator.
/ / /This position will be working days (5 / 8 hour shifts) with no call or weekends. /
The ECT Coordinator is responsible for the total coordination of care for patients undergoing ECT therapy. This includes scheduling patients for their therapy, assisting with the procedure, operation and maintenance of ECT equipment, scheduling patients for therapy, coordinating with physician office to start/educate new patients, as well as audits of patient records at the end of each month.
Aid PACU manager in coordinating yearly skills and competencies. Provide in-services to staff as needed. Liasion with all new hires to ensure smooth orientation.
- Prepares patient for procedure by ensuring all consents are signed, pre-procedure ZUNG score completed, obtaining IV access, and placing patient on cardiac monitor prior to start of procedure.
- Assist physician and anesthesia staff with procedure by monitoring for peripheral tremors during procedure, participating in time out procedure, and charting all information in Meditech.
- Assumes care of patient after CRNA hand-off.
- Maintenance of patient airway after procedure.
- Assess and treat pain based on parameters given by physician ordering pain medication, be alert for signs of overmedication and or anaphylaxis.
- Provide updates to appropriate individuals identified by the patient.
- Oversee quality assurance activities, and communicate any concerns to the physician.
- Obtain order from anesthesia provider for patient to leave Phase I recovery.
- Communicate with other departments regarding the transfer and condition of the patient.
- Comply with all Infection Prevention and Hand Hygiene recommendations
- Complete Occurrence Reports as needed.
- Maintain chart on each patient, ensuring proper documentation has occurred.
- Audit charts at end of month and transfer paperwork to medical records by the end of each month for each patient receiving therapy that month
- All duties as listed on PACU RN Job Description.
- Assist in planning and executing yearly competency check-offs.
- Provide in services to staff as needed.
- Listen to phone assignment line the evening before scheduled shift.
- Participates in call schedule and be able to respond within hospital guidelines.
- May be required to stay after scheduled shift according to the surgery schedule.
- May be required to flex personal schedule based on volume.
- Attendance expected for all scheduled shifts, inclement weather situations, including on-call.
*Qualifications:* * * * Graduate of an Accredited RN Program * License in the State of TN or Compact Licensure in state of residence; * BLS, ACLS, PALS or obtain within six months of start date. * One year PACU, Cath lab, ER or ICU experience preferred. * One-year nursing experience in a hospital setting required. * ECT experience preferred but not required. **
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: ECT Coordinator / PACU Educator (RN)
Location: Tennessee-Chattanooga-Parkridge Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00031-13487