BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee DSNP Care Coordinator Assistant in Chattanooga, Tennessee
This program offers person-centered care planning, service coordination, and support services for members receiving state benefits or services. The care coordinator assistant supports care coordinators through scheduling, reception, records maintenance, coordination with providers and members of the care coordination team, and general assistance.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Support care coordinators in provision of care coordination activities to support members and their families/caregivers in accessing needed services.
- Make phone calls to appropriate agencies for referrals and services.
- Maintain relationships with providers and referral sources.
- Issue service authorizations and arrange care services indicated on member’s plan of care.
- Enters complete and appropriate documentation in care coordination system
- Provide administrative support for the care coordination team.
- Screens incoming calls for care coordination
- Identifying and referring cases appropriately and direct calls to the appropriate area
- Other duties deemed necessary for efficient and effective unit operations
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service experience required (testing will be given)
- 2 years of healthcare or office experience required.
- 2 years of health care paraprofessional or office managerial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Excellent communications skills (both verbal and written)
- Must be able to handle interruptions, set priorities and adapt to change
- Excellent organizational skills
- Have PC knowledge; Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook
Position Specific Requirements for DSNP (in addition to the above)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports Interdisciplinary Care Team (ICT) activities by contacting members telephonically and/or by mail as a reminder of upcoming appointments or missed appointments.
- Initiates contact with members recently discharged from an acute care setting to confirm follow-up appointments and assists with scheduling as necessary
- Initiates appointment reminder calls and confirms the member attended the appointment.
- Coordinates transportation if necessary.
- Responsible for contacting network providers/specialists to request and obtain consultation and diagnostic reports as requested by the Medical Director or Care Coordinators.
- Responds to inquiries from providers, members, families and internal staff regarding the BlueCare Plus program.
- Adheres to CMS and the Bureau of TennCare guidelines regarding the Dual Eligible Special Needs Program (DSNP) including the Model of Care (MOC) when assisting care management functions.
Job Specific Requirements:
CNA or CMA Highly Desired
Number of Openings Available:
VSHP Volunteer State Health Plan, Inc
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco-free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose test result is positive for tobacco/nicotine will be disqualified from employment and the job offer will be withdrawn. Individuals who fail the tobacco/nicotine screening will be permitted to reapply for employment after 6 months, iftobacco/nicotine-free.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.