BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Clinical Data Analytics Consultant in Chattanooga, Tennessee
Effective 11/1/16: Employees who are required to drive his or her personal vehicle or a rental vehicle on a routine basis* will be automatically enrolled into the BCBST Driver Safety Program. The employee will also be required to adhere to the guidelines set forth through the program. This includes, maintaining a valid driver’s license, auto insurance compliance with minimum liability requirements; as defined in the “Use of Non BCBST-Owned Vehicle” Policy; and maintaining an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR).
*The definition for "routine basis" is defined as daily, weekly or at regularly schedule times.
The Clinical Data Analytics Consultant is the subject matter and content expert for delivery of reporting, analytic, and consultative services for an assigned book of clients or an assigned internal BCBS TN business unit. The position works closely with sales representatives, BCBS TN business partners and product managers to provide value focused presentations and analysis for customers and internal business stakeholders. The Clinical Data Analytics Consultant builds effective partnerships with clients and key business stakeholders by providing actionable information and tailored analysis to meet customer (internal and external) requirements. This position serves as a trusted advisor in the delivery of demonstrated value and improvement opportunities to the customer and key internal business stakeholders.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with sales, account management, and product in visualizing, articulating, and implementing the reporting strategy for the customer and/or internal business stakeholder
- Proactively partner with sales representatives, account management teams and business unit partners to assess customer needs and to implement reporting & analytic solutions that meet those needs
- Apply market and subject matter expertise to analysis process and presentations to articulate value, to drive customer retention and growth.
- Effectively interpret data into actionable information; provide proactive investigation into unusual results and explore opportunities for improvement through plan design enhancements, clinical program adoption, or engagement strategies
- Perform and understand statistical analysis
- Ensure customer reporting and analytic objectives and delivery of consultative services exceed customer expectations
- Proactively manage high level, complex client reporting issues, researching and resolving issues quickly and efficiently
- Develop and maintain creative and consistently effective value based analysis and reporting package materials
- Seek out opportunities to leverage standard and/or ad-hoc reporting and analysis to review past experience and define customer-specific clinical opportunities to influence health benefit costs and cost drivers.
- Participate in and/or lead the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of analytical reports that meet the needs of the customer.
- Create and deliver presentations for prospects or existing accounts regarding client reporting and other reporting products as necessary
- B.S. in a business related field or equivalent work experience required. (Equivalent years of experience are defined as one year of professional experience for every year of college requested).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in data analysis in a clinical, managed care, or healthcare environment or similar area required.
- 5 or more years of health care business experience with a demonstrated track record developing and delivering customer focused presentations and strategies that lead to solid customer partnerships and increased sales and retention preferred.
- The incumbent should have a demonstrated understanding of clinical trends and technology developments that affect healthcare benefits and costs and the ability to translate client specific strategic goals into specific actions through the use of information.
- The incumbent should demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills are required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Products is important.
- The incumbent must have the ability to work within tight deadlines and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- In addition, organizational skills are important as this position requires the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- SAS skills a strong plus.
Job Specific Requirements:
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Inc.
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco-free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose test result is positive for tobacco/nicotine will be disqualified from employment and the job offer will be withdrawn. Individuals who fail the tobacco/nicotine screening will be permitted to reapply for employment after 6 months, iftobacco/nicotine-free.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.