BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Behavioral Health Report Analyst in Chattanooga, Tennessee
This position is primarily responsible for collection of data, development of reports and preparation of analyses pertaining to behavioral health programs. Responsibility includes reporting to facilitate corporate decision making, contract compliance, government regulatory requirements and network analysis. This will include claims and member reporting. Additional responsibilities include specialty reporting, to include the utilization, cost and provider data and trends. This position is responsible for the interpretation and analysis of all data, both standard and nonstandard duties.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Research for the production and compliance tracking of all Behavioral Health Bureau related provider requests
- Design and Maintenance of departmental tracking and reporting databases
- Perform analysis of monthly, quarterly and yearly reports of behavioral health data and proactively investigate any unusual results prior to releasing the reports
- Support behavioral health related medical management operations to achieve corporate financial goals for behavioral health cost and utilization
- Prepare correspondence as needed to respond to internal and external requests to information
- Provide Behavioral Health staff training on various data sources, queries, and reports
- Participate in meetings/committees as requested by management
- Production and analysis of provider related claims reporting
- Produce provider report cards
- Other tracking and reporting duties as needed for compliance with departmental deliverables
- Bachelors Degree in related health or business field or comparable demonstrated work experience in the health delivery or insurance industry
- Minimum of 3 years experience in claims, customer service, provider relations or other related field at a professional staff and/or supervisory position.
- 2 - 3 years reporting experience with demonstrated independent work initiative as well as demonstrated successful team project participation.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of at least one SQL reporting tool preferred
- Analytical, research methodologies, computer skills demonstrated with provider management and credentialing software systems;
- Proficient in BCBST systems with emphasis on FACETS, as well as BH Vendor systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on ACCESS, EXCEL, WORD and POWERPOINT
- Familiarity with GeoAccess tools a plus
- Ability to manage administrative processes, methodologies, implementation projects, staff education development skills and successfully conducts outcomes analysis.
Job Specific Requirements:
Information systems background preferred
Data analytics experience highly desired
SAS experience preferred
Strong leadership experience
Internal/external client experience
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco-free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose test result is positive for tobacco/nicotine will be disqualified from employment and the job offer will be withdrawn. Individuals who fail the tobacco/nicotine screening will be permitted to reapply for employment after 6 months, iftobacco/nicotine-free.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.
As Tennessee's largest health benefit plan company, we've been helping Tennesseans find their own unique paths to good health for over 65 years. More than that, we're your neighbors and friends – fellow Tennesseans with deep roots of caring tradition, a focused approach to physical, financial and community good health for today, and a bright outlook for an even healthier tomorrow.